- Whether you work in IT, management, education, or engineering, you need diagram and flowchart software to create your presentations.
- Wondershare EdrawMax comes with an impressive library of panels and templates that will make your job much easier.
- This free flowchart software is also compatible with Visio and it is a great alternative if you are looking for one.
Whether you work in IT or business management, in the education industry, or are a skillful engineer, you will need good diagram software to illustrate your work.
That is why in this review we are going to talk about Wondershare EdrawMax, a great Visio alternative and a great tool to increase your efficiency in designing your projects.
We are going to show you all of its most important features, show you how to get it and most importantly how to use this diagram software.
What is Wondershare EdrawMax and how can it help you?
Wondershare EdrawMax is a complete solution for creating any diagram you can think of. In fact, it supports over 280 types such as flowcharts, business process diagrams, p & id diagrams, genograms, electrical diagrams, flowcharts, project management diagrams and much more.
And it also offers the tools to do so as it has 26,000 ready-to-use symbols and over 1,500 built-in templates to create every possible diagram.
In addition, many users share their designs and now you can access a library of over 5000 models produced by them.
Another good thing is that once you’re done, you can export your work to a number of formats including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and editable PDFs.
And yes, if you are a Visio user, you can import Visio files and stencils so you can change at any time.
What are the main features of Wondershare EdrawMax?
1. Choose the right diagram for your needs
As we have already mentioned, this diagram software has over 280 types of diagrams and they are carefully structured into dedicated categories so that you can easily choose the right one for your field.
This flowchart software has seven major categories, Basic, Business, Software & Database, Network, Engineering, Design, and Education, but all of them have subcategories to take you directly to the diagram you need.
And if you scroll through each subcategory, you’ll find plenty of applied fields with examples for each one.
For example, in IT management, you will have dedicated diagrams for UML, AWS Architecture, CISCO Architecture, Network, Rack, and LDAP.
Choosing the right one for you will make the process much more efficient so that you can focus on creating the actual diagram rather than starting from scratch.
2. Wide selection of models
Another way to make your job a lot easier is to use the impressive template library.
With 1,500 built-in templates and over 5,000 diagram templates shared online from other users, you can be sure to find something that will match your design type.
Don’t worry as it won’t take you too long to go through them as they are also organized by The roles (IT, marketing, business, etc.) and Types of diagrams.
And if you can’t find something you like, you can always take design inspiration from other users who have created something similar.
3. Visio compatibility
If you have worked with Visio before or need to edit one now, you can just do it with Wondershare EdrawMax.
We’re not going to talk about this because it’s much easier to just show you how to import and export Visio files in just three easy steps.
- In the main EdrawMax window, click on the Import option.
- Now you have two options, you can either convert and open a single Visio file or convert a whole batch from a folder.
- Just as easy is exporting your files to Visio format. Click on Export and send in the left pane, select the Visio format, then choose Visio VSDX format.
Yes, it is that easy and no data will be lost in the process. So you can easily convert your old files or collaborate with someone who uses Visio.
How to create a network diagram with Wondershare EdrawMax?
If you are working with diagrams, you will feel comfortable in Wondershare EdrawMax as it has dedicated features for any type of work including IT, business, engineering, and education.
In fact, it comes with many predefined diagram categories, so you don’t have to look too far to find exactly what you need.
Let’s see an example of how you can make a stylish network diagram for this type of field. We chose this one because it’s in our lane but you can do the same for any other diagram.
- Open Wondershare Edraw Max and click on Network. Of course you can start from a Blank drawing, but you will find that models can help you a lot.
- The section will expand and you can now select again Network, and choose the Basic network diagram. As you can see, there are many other options available, from Cisco products to video and audio ports.
- The main working window will appear and, as you can see in our screenshot, you will also get tips on how to use the different options and tools.
- In the left pane, you will see all the network and device symbols that you can just drag and drop onto your sheet.
- And what’s more, you have access to all the editing tools you need to easily edit and connect your elements.
- In the right pane, you will be able to use many design features to customize your diagram according to your preferences. In a few minutes, we created the network diagram. Of course, yours will be much more complex and complete!
- Assuming you have completed your work, you can now click the button To file ability to save your file.
- You can now click on Save as and select a destination on your computer or on your Personal Cloud. Yes, you also have enough space in your account to save your work and access it from anywhere in the world where you can access your account online.
- Of course, there is also the option to export the diagram, select the file type, and then send it by email.
As you can see, the path from a diagram idea to the end result is really smooth and you have all the tools to achieve great results. Good luck!
How to get Wondershare EdrawMax?
- Access the web page dedicated to EdrawMax and click on the button Free try button.
- You will be redirected to the download site and receive the file.
- Once the download is complete, run the installer and start the app.
That’s it! You are ready to use this free diagram software. The entire download and installation process takes just a few seconds.
However, it would be really smart to create an account on the EdrawMax site yourself. You will have a lot of advantages because you will be able to store and access your work from anywhere.
Not to mention that you can also use it in your browser with the web interface. This way, you won’t even need to download and install anything.
By the way, flowchart software is also available for Mac and Linux, so it covers whatever platform you want to use it on.
This comprehensive diagram software will help you achieve professional-level results in just minutes!
- Impressive range of model types available
- Thousands of pre-designed templates for inspiration
- Compatible with Windows PC, Mac, Linux and web platform
- Compatibility of Visio files with import and export options
- 26,000 ready-to-use symbols
- Ideal for the fields of IT, management, education and engineering
- The inconvenients
- May seem a bit complicated for beginners
First off, we were impressed with how quickly we went from downloading the EdrawMax installer to creating a diagram.
Then all the tools and symbols are there, intuitively placed in the interface, so if you have an organized way of working, you’ll have no trouble learning the ropes right away.
It only took us a few minutes to create a simple diagram, but we could have gone through with the design and made it unique and memorable.
We’ve found that we can even doodle or take notes which is great for collaboration and this has convinced us that this is a great Visio alternative that you can try for free right now.
And if you do, you can share your experience and impressions in a comment on the dedicated section below.
Start a conversation