In this article, we will discuss what you can do if Miracast is not supported by graphics driver on your Windows 11 computer. Miracast technology is an easy, fast and secure way to wirelessly mirror your PC screen to another TV or projector. It can be described as HDMI over WiFi, replacing the cable from the device to the display and running it over a wireless network. However, many users reported that their Windows 11 graphics driver does not support Miracast technology. So, if you are also facing the same problem then try the solutions below to get rid of the problem.
Miracast is not supported by graphics driver in Windows 11
Below are the solutions to try if Miracast is not supported by graphics driver in Windows 11/10.
- Make sure the system supports Miracast
- Check driver model
- Download the latest graphics driver update
- Restore Player Update
Let us now see all these solutions in detail.
1]Make sure the system supports Miracast
Many PCs still do not support Miracast technology. If you also have one of these systems, you’re most likely dealing with the issue in the question. You can check whether your system supports Miracast technology or not by following the steps below.
- To get started, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R hotkey.
- In the search field, type dxdiag and press the enter key.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will appear.
- Click on Save all information present at the bottom of the window.
- Open the saved file.
- Locate Miracast in the fine.
- Check if it says supported or not.
If it says not supported, it’s no surprise that the installed graphics card doesn’t support Miracast technology. But if it is not, i.e. it says “Supported”, then there may be some other reason behind the problem. Continue with this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
Related: Your PC or mobile device does not support Miracast.
2]Check the driver model
The problem will occur if your system does not meet the minimum driver model requirement. If so, you will need to update the graphics driver, which we will discuss in the next solution. You can check whether the installed driver model is compatible with Miracast technology or not by following the steps below.
- To get started, open the DxDiag file you saved in Solution 1.
- Check the Pilot model option, present under Display Devices.
- If your driver model shows a number below 1.3you will need to update the installed driver to fix the problem.
Lily: How to setup and use Miracast on Windows 11/10.
3]Download the latest graphics driver update
One of the main reasons for Windows 11 graphics driver not supporting Miracast is the outdated driver. Each driver update comes with bug fixes and compatibility changes. So, download the latest graphics driver update and check if it makes any difference. Here’s how it’s done.
- You can download the graphics driver update by visiting the manufacturer’s official website.
- Check for available graphics driver updates using Windows Update.
- You can even try a free driver update software tool.
- If your system already has an INF driver, follow the steps below-
- Open Device Manager.
- Tap on display adapters to expand the menu.
- Right-click on the installed driver and choose Update Driver.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update process.
Once you have downloaded the latest graphics driver update, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
To see: OpenGL apps not working on Miracast wireless display
4]Restore Player Update
Also, the latest graphics driver update may not be compatible with Miracast technology. The possibility of this happening is very low; Still, it can happen for some users. In this case, you will need to undo the driver update. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the Windows icon present in the taskbar.
- Choose Device Manager from the contacts menu.
- Double tap Display adapters to expand the option.
- Right-click on the installed driver and choose the Properties option.
- Switch to the Driver tab.
- Click on Driver restore.
- This will uninstall the most recently updated driver and restore your configuration to the earlier version.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Reboot your system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Lily: Miracast not working on Windows after update
How to fix Miracast not supported by WiFi driver?
If you have an outdated WiFi driver installed in your system, the problem will occur. You can check if you need to update the WiFi driver by following these steps: open PowerShell on your Windows PC, type
Get-netadapter|select Name, ndisversion and press the Enter key. If the Wi-Fi value is less than 6:30 a.m., you will need to update the driver.
Does my PC support Miracast?
You can check whether your PC supports Miracast technology or not by following these steps. Open the Run dialog box and type dxdiag. Click save all information and open the saved file. Locate Miracast in the list and check if it says supported. If so, your PC supports Miracast technology.